June 17, 2013

Pretty Knifeblock Makeovers

We are barreling through projects.  The laundry room is almost done, the half bath got a makeover, a long overdue tweak was finally tackled, the living room looks a little different and we're switching rooms around!  I am bone-tired and right now the townhouse looks like we were robbed and then the Tasmanian Devil whirled through with a leaf blower and a bag of dirt but not before an elephant dipped in paint stampeded through.  I'll have details soon, including photos of the townhouse staged for sale and my expedience finding a realtor.  For now, here's a round-up I've been meaning to share for ages!

When I painted our knife block, on a whim, it never dawned on me to see if there were others making over these sometimes ghastly kitchen staples too.


Once I found other makeovers, I rounded up my favorites.  I love this project because it makes use of something most people already have (and might hate).  Our knife block wasn't just plain, it was also very shabby.  I still feel this sense of pride that I used what we already had, saving us money.  I DIY a lot so this isn't really new, but there's something about this project (because it's something I use daily, and not an accessory or art) that feels like I accomplished something.  Some more inspiration for you:

Offbeat + Inspired
Angel Food Design
Live Love DIY
The Creative Imperative
Etsy
Although simply painting a knife block is enough effort to make it look good, I think the extra work of painting the silhouettes of the knife blades makes this one look really polished.

Country Living
This one isn't a tutorial - but I love the inspiration for a dipped knife block, especially one with a rustic feel.

Rue Magazine

P.S.  I saw this one on Pinterest and it looks so familiar . . .
;)
Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see everything! Sending you energetic vibes and hoping you get offers above asking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you really have things going on around there. I bet you can't wait to get to the new house.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

You've made my day! I love hearing from you.
Unless you're a spammer. Spam commenters, you're out of luck: I approve each and every comment, so don't waste your time here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...